Important Deadlines to consider when applying:
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: Admissions and Financial Aid Application (December 9, 2022)
- Apply to SMA and submit the FACTS Grant & Aid financial aid application with supporting documents by December 9, 2022 to be considered for merit scholarships based on one or more applicant attributes as outlined at smabelles.org/meritscholarships and for the $75 application fee to be waived.
Priority Round (January 13, 2023)
- The deadline for priority round admission and financial aid consideration.
- Applications received after this date will be processed on a rolling basis as space and scholarship funds allow.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed until all documents are received.
Onward Scholars Program (January 20, 2023)
Prospective 9th graders with a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher in core subjects (Math, English/Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies) are encouraged to apply to the Onward Scholars scholarship, mentoring, and college access program.
Go to onwardscholars.org/st-marys-academy for more information.
Step 2: Complete the Online Application Checklist
- Personal Insight Essay
- Career Path Essay (if applicable)
- Onward Scholars personal essays & recommendation request (if applicable)
- Immunization Record
- Birth Certificate
- Standardized Test Scores
- Discipline and Attendance Record
- Archdiocesan Common Evaluation Form
Sign in to smabelles.schooladminonline.com and review checklist items.
Step 4: Register for High School Placement Test at SMA (HSPT)
January 7th or 14th, 2023 (8:30 am-1:30 pm)
Upon completion of Step 1, applicants will be sent an electronic form to confirm their registration for the High School Placement Test (HSPT) at St. Mary’s Academy on Saturday, January 7th or 14th, 2023.
The HSPT is MANDATORY to be considered for admission. Students taking the HSPT at another school are encouraged to request these scores be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before their interview.
Step 5: Interview at SMA (January 18th-31st, 2023)
Each applicant and at least one parent/guardian are required to interview with a school representative as part of the admissions process. Interview times are given upon completion of Steps 1-4.
Interviews will be held virtually by appointment.